Oman, UK firm plan $1.1bn Bulgarian resort
Muscat, February 7, 2010
Oman's government investment arm and a unit of Britain's Equest Investment Balkans are building an 800 million euro ($1.1 billion) ski resort in Bulgaria, an Omani government official said on Sunday.
'State General Reserve Fund (SGRF) owns 40 percent of the project and the other major investor is Equest,' the government official close to the project, who declined to be identified, told Reuters.
'The resort, just one hour from Sofia airport, is expected to be completed in 2012,' he added.
Equest Investment invests in property in the Balkan region. SGRF, the Omani government investment arm run by the ministry of finance, bought a controlling stake in Equest in early 2009. - Reuters
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Qatar Airways launches online visa system
- Etihad in talks on $413m Alitalia investment
- W Doha Hotel wins top award
- Boom time for UAE hospitality sector
- Sanad, airberlin ink financing deal
- Major cruise liner docks at Abu Dhabi port
- Etihad, Greek airline sign codeshare
- Flynas scores 91pc in customer satisfaction
- Flora plans $204m property expansion in Dubai
- Dubai sees Ukraine tourist numbers up 29pc