Burj Khalifa observation deck closed
Dubai, February 8, 2010
The observation deck of Dubai's Burj Khalifa, the world's tallest tower, was shut down today due to problems with power supply, a statement said.
"Due to unexpected high traffic, the observation deck experience at the Burj Khalifa... has been temporarily closed for maintenance and upgrade," the management said in the statement.
"Technical issues with the power supply are being worked on," it added.
The 828 metres (2,717 ft) tower was about a month ago.
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Qatar Airways launches online visa system
- Etihad in talks on $413m Alitalia investment
- W Doha Hotel wins top award
- Boom time for UAE hospitality sector
- Sanad, airberlin ink financing deal
- Major cruise liner docks at Abu Dhabi port
- Etihad, Greek airline sign codeshare
- Flynas scores 91pc in customer satisfaction
- Flora plans $204m property expansion in Dubai
- Dubai sees Ukraine tourist numbers up 29pc