Global Village draws record crowd
Dubai, February 13, 2010
Global Village, the region’s entertainment, shopping, and cultural attraction located in Dubailand, entertained a record 145,000 guests on Friday, said senior officials.
The park saw crowds queuing from as early as 2pm to buy tickets and enter the venue and Global Village management decided to open thirty minutes earlier than the regular opening time of 4pm, they said.
The car park at Global Village, estimated to accommodate 16,500 cars, was packed at any given time throughout the evening, and free shuttle buses were deployed to transport visitors from the car park to the gates.
Security personnel were also on alert throughout to maintain order and security in and around Global Village.
Etisalat is the official partner of the 14th edition of Global Village. Doors open at 4pm in the afternoon until midnight except on Thursdays and Fridays when it is extended until 1am in the morning. Mondays are allotted for families only.
Tickets are priced at Dh10 each. For the disabled and kids below three years old, entrance is free, they added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- W Doha Hotel wins top award
- Boom time for UAE hospitality sector
- Sanad, airberlin ink financing deal
- Major cruise liner docks at Abu Dhabi port
- Etihad, Greek airline sign codeshare
- Flynas scores 91pc in customer satisfaction
- Flora plans $204m property expansion in Dubai
- Dubai sees Ukraine tourist numbers up 29pc
- Bahrain air show set to take off
- Summit explores future of regional travel industry