Qatar, Spain discuss tourism cooperation
Doha, March 22, 2010
Qatar Tourism Authority (QTA) chairman Ahmed Al Nuaimi exchanged views with Spanish Ambassador to Qatar Juan Jose Santos-Aguado on tourism coordination between Qatar and Spain.
The meeting comes after the European Roadshow organised by QTA promoting Qatar as a premier destination to business travel professionals in Europe, where Madrid was the first city on the tour.
The two sides discussed ideas on cooperation between the two countries on tourism, and various investments in tourism in both the private and public sectors.
Al Nuaimi and Santos-Aguado also discussed signing a memorandum of understanding between the two countries to further bilateral cooperation in tourism, as well as the opportunity for Spain to stage an exhibition in Qatar promoting Spanish-made materials and products. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- GCC takes on the Caribbean in big cruise tourism war
- Etihad finace head wins top award
- Turkish Airlines boosts Africa network
- New Holiday Inn hotel opens in Mauritius
- Abu Dhabi Aviation to get latest Bell helicopter
- Gulf Hotels Group plans new spa complex
- Starwood joins hands with Bentley
- Air freight volumes to grow 17pc in 5 years
- DWC-Emaar in golf centre deal
- UAE group to open Seychelles resort