Flydubai gets grand welcome in Kuwait
Dubai, April 5, 2010
Dubai-based budget carrier Flydubai said its inaugural flight to Kuwait City was received by a VIP delegation from Kuwait, headed by the director general and acting president of Civil Aviation Bader Bou Taiban.
The debut flight touched down at Kuwait airport on the morning of March 30. The twice daily flights to Kuwait cost from just Dh200 ($54.4) one-way including taxes.
The flights, FZ053 and FZ061 leave Dubai at 7.05am and 07.15pm respectively arriving in Kuwait City at 7.55am and 8.05pm (local time). The return flights, FZ054 and FZ062 leave at 8.40am and 8.50pm and arrive at 11.20am and 11.30pm ( local time).
The inaugural flight carried Jamal Al Hai, senior vice president, Dubai Airports and Federal National Council (FNC) member, Hussain Al Shafar and Dr Sultan Al Moadhen (both FNC members) among others. Hasan Salem Al Khayyal, UAE Ambassador to Kuwait was also there to receive the visiting delegation.-TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Orders top $100bn as Boeing, Airbus battle it out
- Qatar Airways picks US firm for nacelle service
- Oman Air orders five Boeing 737-900ER jets
- Jazeera grabs key ME market share
- Etihad, US firm ink smart technology pact
- Renaissance to host 'day of discovery'
- Boeing clinches $30bn Dreamliner-10 orders
- Accor overhauls Pullman, targets 150 hotels
- Gulf Air official reappointed to key post
- Loss-making Abu Dhabi TDIC sells key project