Jazeera Airways to raise capital by 91pc
Kuwait City, April 11, 2010
Kuwait's carrier Jazeera Airways, which is considering acquisitions, plans to raise its capital by 91 percent through a rights issue, the company said on Sunday.
The low-cost airline's board has decided to recommend to shareholders a 20 million dinars ($69.28 million) capital hike by selling additional 200 million shares, it said in a statement on the Kuwaiti bourse.
The raise would bring Jazeera's capital to 42 million dinars. The firm will issue shares at 150 fils per share, including a 50 fils premium. There are 1,000 fils to the dinar.
The airline said in February it has fully acquired Sahab Aircraft Leasing Co, a leasing firm lunched in 2008, for 25.6 million dinars.
The firm's chief executive told Reuters in January that it was eyeing acquisitions in the Middle East. Jazeera, which competes with United Arab Emirates-based carriers Air Arabia and flydubai, has a firm order for 29 Airbus A320 aircraft and currently operates 11 planes across the Middle East and Egypt.
Jazeera stock was trading down 3 percent in Kuwait trading. - Reuters
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog
- Tourism industry emerges from downturn
- Airbus orders more frequent A380 checks
- Dubai Mall stand offers air safety tips
- Elaf Group plans new hotel in Makkah
- UPDATE: Abu Dhabi airport starts operation
- Qatar Airways mulls options on 3 extra A380s
- RAK features 9 travel firms at ITB Berlin
- Etihad names Patrick Vieira guest ambassador
- Lufthansa to offer Premium Economy Class
- Ras Al Khaimah TDA appoints new CEO
- Abu Dhabi flights hit by 'technical failure'
- Egypt urges Germany to ease travel advisory
- Qatar Airways to get 3 A380s in June
- Paramount eyes expansion in region
- All EU citizens exempt from pre-entry UAE visas
- Sofitel to open in Downtown Dubai
- Women’s role in aviation focus for summit
- Turkish, Singapore Airlines expand codeshare
- Global air passenger traffic up 7.8pc in Jan
- Hilton to open 41-storey hotel in Pearl-Qatar
- Graffiti area at the Great Wall
- Dubai hotels welcome 11m guests
- Wyndham signs for 4th hotel in Turkey
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- IFA Hotels unveils fresh brand identity
- Turkish Airlines launches Rotterdam flights
- RJ to operate Amman-Kuwait twice daily
- JCDecaux unveils digital screens at Dubai airport
- EU awaits surge in UAE corporate travellers