Two killed in UAE balloon accident
Dubai, April 25, 2010
Two tourists - a French and an Indian - were killed in the UAE on Sunday morning when their hot air balloon crashlanded in Al Ain desert due to bad weather, said senior civil aviation officials.
The General Civil Aviation Authority (GCAA) in a statement said the accident took place at 6.45am in the Nahel area of Suwahan in Al Ain which left two dead and two others injured.
The hot air balloon at the time of the incident was carrying approximately 14 passengers, the GCAA said in a statement.
Of the two injured, the condition of one of them is serious, it added. The GCAA however did not disclose their identity.
The GCAA said its investigation team was already at the accident site and had begun its initial probe.-TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- UAE ties up with Burkina Faso aviation sector
- BA relaxes rules on electronic device use
- Flight options to boost Mideast-Asia travel
- Air Arabia eyes more Bahrain flights
- Double delivery takes Emirates A380 fleet to 44
- Boeing wins $7bn Cathay Pacific order
- Qatar Airways launches online visa system
- Etihad in talks on $413m Alitalia investment
- W Doha Hotel wins top award
- Boom time for UAE hospitality sector