Amadeus Gulf appoints new MD
Dubai, May 2, 2010
Amadeus, a global leader in technology and distribution solutions for the travel and tourism industry, has appointed Geert Boven as the managing director for Amadeus Gulf.
In his new position, Boven will provide strategic direction and oversee the growth and expansion of Amadeus’ operations in UAE, Oman and Bahrain.
“Geert brings on board an extensive knowledge of the regional and global travel industry. Under his leadership we are confident of further expanding our presence in the Middle East as we continue to deliver consistent service and value to our partners,” said Antoine Medawar, vice president, Amadeus Mena.
Prior to this appointment Boven was the EVP, Customer Services and Airport Operations at Etihad Airways. He has more than 30 years’ experience in aviation and travel, having held posts with KLM in Africa, Europe, the Far East and Southeast Asia and Martinair Holland before joining Etihad.-TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Summit explores future of regional travel industry
- AirAsiaX to buy 25 new Airbus jets
- Dusit launches premium hotel brand
- Etihad names new Kenya GM
- Emirates expands European Tour portfolio
- Gulf Air executive names AACO unit chief
- Air France celebrates 30 years of flying to Saudi
- Turkish Airlines to install 80 Sita kiosks
- BA launches Europe travel sale in UAE
- Etihad signs $3.3m deal with VisitBritain