W Hotel to debut in UAE in 2013
Abu Dhabi, May 3, 2010
W Hotels Worldwide has signed an agreement with Belbadi, a local multidisciplinary corporation, to open its first W Hotel in the UAE in 2013.
Located on the waterfront of Al Bateen Wharf, W Abu Dhabi will be part of a multi-component development, including high-end retail stores, restaurants and residences and will offer stunning views over the marina and the open sea.
The luxury boutique hotel will feature 350 guest rooms, including 25 suites and two 'Extreme Wow' suites (W’s interpretation of a Presidential Suite), a signature spa with 12 treatment rooms, three restaurants, a lounge and a rooftop night club.
“Abu Dhabi is an important market for Starwood as we continue a strong growth pace in this booming, vibrant capital of the UAE,” said Roeland Vos, president of Starwood Hotels & Resorts, Europe Africa and Middle East.
The hotel will also feature more than 5,000 sqm of ultra-modern meeting and event space and a full-service Wiredbusiness centre.
All rooms and suites will also feature the W Hotels signature bed with feather-top mattress, 350 thread-count cotton sheets and goose down comforter.
Starwood currently operates close to 50 hotels throughout the Middle East under seven of its nine brands, including more than 20 hotels in the UAE.
W Abu Dhabi will be the W brand’s third hotel in the Middle East, following the openings of W Doha Hotel & Residences (opened in 2009) and W Amman, scheduled to open in 2012.-TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Qatar Airways picks US firm for nacelle service
- Oman Air orders five Boeing 737-900ER jets
- Jazeera grabs key ME market share
- Etihad, US firm ink smart technology pact
- Renaissance to host 'day of discovery'
- Boeing clinches $30bn Dreamliner-10 orders
- Accor overhauls Pullman, targets 150 hotels
- Gulf Air official reappointed to key post
- Loss-making Abu Dhabi TDIC sells key project
- Crowne Plaza Jordan gets food safety certification