City Seasons launches new hotel projects
Dubai, May 9, 2010
UAE-based City Seasons Group of Hotels has announced four new hotel projects in the Gulf region with the first one - City Seasons Hotel Muscat - set to open in the last quarter of 2010.
The City Seasons Group, which has a remarkably established presence in the GCC since its launch five years ago, is working to expand its portfolio through the addition of new hotels in key destinations,' said Thomas Tapken, group general manager on the sidelines of Arabian Travel Market, a leading tourism and trade exhibition held recently in Dubai.
'The City Seasons Hotel Muscat, a five star hotel will be the second largest in the city and will feature great interiors and state-of-the-art facilities including meeting and banqueting space.'
The Muscat launch, Tapken said, will be followed by the Royal City Seasons Hotel Abu Dhabi, a substantially sized hotel with 461 rooms and 34 suites located in the heart of the capital.
'Bringing the number of hotels in Abu Dhabi to three, the 150 room City Seasons Park Hotel Abu Dhabi is set to open in 2012, while the fourth new hotel - City Seasons Hotel Bur Dubai will begin operations within the next three years,' said Tapken.
City Seasons Hotel Bur Dubai will be a 200- room hotel boasting of magnificent interiors and unique architecture. It will be located in the heart of the shopping and business districts and also close to metro stations making it ideal for both business and leisure travellers alike, he pointed out.
In addition to these four new openings the group has also just completed phase one of its extensive refurbishment of the City Seasons Al Hamra Hotel Abu Dhabi, with 180 modern and stylish rooms and suites complete, said Tapken.
'It is about to embark on the second phase of the refurbishment transforming the property into an elegant boutique hotel,' he added.
The group’s portfolio currently includes the City Seasons Suites, which is located opposite Deira City Centre, the City Seasons Hotel Dubai and the City Seasons Al Hamra Hotel in the heart of Abu Dhabi.
The group’s fourth property, the City Seasons Hotel Al Ain is set to expand its inventory from 77 to 89 rooms to accommodate its rapidly increasing clientele from Europe, Tapken added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Etihad to fly three times a day to Moscow
- Etihad Regional to lease 4 ATR aircraft
- Etihad soars high with record $6.1bn revenue
- Plaza opens lounges at Bengaluru
- Mövenpick opens organic hotel in Egypt
- Abu Dhabi to expand trade engagement programme
- WTO in deal to promote adventure travel
- Iata cuts global airline profit forecast to $18.7bn
- Gulf Hotels plans $132m waterfront property in Dubai
- Yas Island targets German tourist trade
- Sharq Doha unveils Al Dana Garden
- Beacon technology 'ideal' to aviation industry
- Emergency drill to take place at Amman airport
- JA Resorts to launch high-end resort In Maldives
- $5.3bn hotel projects coming up in Saudi
- Hilton appoints new GM for Alexandria hotel
- Air Arabia opens new sales office in Bahrain
- Lufthansa aims high with 'First Class' service
- Emirates launches new service to Boston
- Dubai Airports 'powers down' for green initiative
- City Seasons opens 5-star hotel in Abu Dhabi
- Etihad alert on fog
- Bahrain F1 visa procedures issued
- Oman Air appoints GSA for Turkey
- $40bn investment in Gulf airports likely
- Celebrity chef to open restaurant at InterContinental
- FRHI appoints wellness vice president
- Dubai, Abu Dhabi hotels top performance
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard
- BA rolls out special Mother's Day fares