Wahooo! launches Fishpipe ride
Manama, May 10, 2010
Bahrain-based Wahooo! waterpark, the Middle East’s first temperature controlled, indoor/outdoor waterpark, has launched the world’s first Fishpipe ride ever to be installed in a waterpark.
Wahooo! waterpark’s visitors can now experience the world’s first rotating barrel ride – a new and unique type of water ride where riders slide for a longer duration than on the longest water-slide in the world.
The ride consists of an inflatable Fishpipe barrel. The barrel is added with 75 litres (20 gallons) of water and then spun at up to 45 revolutions per minute.
The water makes it so slippery inside that riders don’t get spun around, but stay sliding in the water at the bottom of the barrel.
“The new Fishpipe ride provides guests at Wahooo! with an exhilarating and hilarious experience that can be enjoyed while you’re family and friends watch on,” said Damien Latham, general manager of Wahooo!
“Solo guests can try to run inside, slide, or even try surfing on their feet. By bringing the Fishpipe to the Middle East, Wahooo! is continuing to innovate and offer Bahrain’s thrill-seekers the latest water-based adventures from around the world,” he added.
The Fishpipe ride, of which there are only five existing in the world, was acquired by Wahooo! from the New Zealand-based inventors of ‘zorbing’, said a statement. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Egypt tourist arrivals jump 11.8pc
- Kuwaiti touristic website introduced
- Abu Dhabi plans 'bigger, louder' Summer fest
- RAK's Beach Hotel wins leisure hotel award
- African aviation expo launched
- Marriott opens first Courtyard hotel in Saudi
- Crowne Plaza names Bahrain sales head
- Air Arabia raises $350 million loan
- UAE tops region for tourism receipts in 2012
- Kerzner signs Jeddah One&Only deal