Etihad uses koalas for Brisbane promotion
Abu Dhabi, May 18, 2010
Etihad Airways has enlisted the help of two of Australia’s most recognisable koala characters, Kenny and Belinda from the Dreamworld theme park, to promote its latest fares to Brisbane.
Kenny and Belinda were recently in Abu Dhabi as part of a joint promotion between Etihad and Tourism Queensland and visited Marina Mall in the UAE’s capital city where they met hundreds of shoppers.
Etihad launched flights to Brisbane in Queensland in September 2007 and is one of three destinations the airline flies to in Australia, along with Melbourne and Sydney.
Etihad is currently offering special fares from Abu Dhabi to Brisbane which start from Dh5,555 for a return Coral Economy class flight and Dh19,495 for a return Pearl Business class flight (both fares including taxes and applicable surcharges).-TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Renaissance to host 'day of discovery'
- Boeing clinches $30bn Dreamliner-10 orders
- Accor overhauls Pullman, targets 150 hotels
- Gulf Air official reappointed to key post
- Loss-making Abu Dhabi TDIC sells key project
- Crowne Plaza Jordan gets food safety certification
- Oman Air, Travelport in seat assignment deal
- Kuwait Marriott unveils summer deals
- Tilal Liwa offers ‘traditional Ramadan experience’
- Etihad mulls equity stake in Serbian airline