Flydubai first to get new entertainment system
Dubai, May 18, 2010
Flydubai, Dubai’s first low cost airline, has signed a deal that will make it the launch customer of the new ‘Fiber To The Screen’(FTTS) in-flight entertainment system from Lumexis.
The deal, announced at the ongoing Aircraft Interiors Expo in Hamburg, is for 44 flydubai B737-800NGs, the first of which is due to arrive in October this year.
“In-flight entertainment is very popular with passengers, but the traditional systems were prohibitively expensive for us as a low cost carrier. The Lumexis FTTS touch screen system offers us a flexible, high quality and innovative IFE option at a fraction of the normal cost,” said flydubai CEO Ghaith Al Ghaith.
“The FTTS system from Lumexis is revolutionary because it uses fibre optics rather than traditional copper piping. This significantly reduces the cost of the system overall, and makes it far lighter than other IFEs in use today. Any reduction in weight reduces our fuel costs and therefore ensures we can keep our ticket prices low.”
“As the launch customer for our second generation of FTTS, flydubai demanded not only extremely low cost-of-ownership, but most importantly, the highest reliability and performance to ensure uninterrupted service and full passenger satisfaction,” added Doug Cline, CEO of Lumexis.-TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Middle East Hotel Awards held
- Pacific World announces UAE, Oman launch
- Mubadala unit developing new cabin concept
- Emirates to increase flights to Colombo
- Etihad Airways appoints new GM
- Oman Air to buy three A330 planes
- Enrolment for tourism youth summer camp opens
- British Airways celebrates Jordan return
- Egypt tourist arrivals jump 11.8pc
- Kuwaiti touristic website introduced