Etihad ranked among top 3 global airlines
Abu Dhabi, June 8, 2010
Etihad Airways, the national airline of the UAE, has been ranked among the best three airlines in the world by leading Swiss business publication, Bilanz.
The ranking comes following a survey of frequent flyers in Switzerland and after comparisons of different airlines undertaken by Bilanz journalists themselves.
Bilanz also used recent international surveys such as the Skytrax ratings - in which Etihad was awarded World’s Best First Class by almost 18 million air travellers worldwide - to confirm the airline’s overall ranking.
As well as being ranked third best airline in the world, Etihad Airways was ranked number one in the Onboard Service category and second in the Business Class category.
The Bilanz ratings are conducted annually, and the results are among the most highly regarded in the Swiss market.
“I am very proud that in less than seven years, Etihad Airways has risen to be among the top three airlines operating to Switzerland, which is a very important market for Etihad,” said Peter Baumgartner, Etihad Airways’ chief commercial officer.
Etihad operates five return services per week to Geneva, on three class A330-200 aircraft.
Etihad recently introduced its Inspired Service concept in Economy class as well as in its premium cabins, which seeks to provide all customers with service individually tailored to their needs.
Etihad Airways flights to and from Geneva also feature the innovative Food and Beverage Manager position in the premium cabins.
In all cabins, Etihad offers its customers state-of-the-art, on-demand entertainment systems, allowing customers to enjoy the latest movies, TV shows, music and interactive games as well as recharge laptop computers and mobile devices.
On the ground, Etihad offers its chauffeur service to guests travelling to and from Geneva International Airport, creating door-to-door service for its premium guests. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Etihad Regional to lease 4 ATR aircraft
- Etihad soars high with record $6.1bn revenue
- Plaza opens lounges at Bengaluru
- Mövenpick opens organic hotel in Egypt
- Abu Dhabi to expand trade engagement programme
- WTO in deal to promote adventure travel
- Iata cuts global airline profit forecast to $18.7bn
- Gulf Hotels plans $132m waterfront property in Dubai
- Yas Island targets German tourist trade
- Sharq Doha unveils Al Dana Garden
- Beacon technology 'ideal' to aviation industry
- Emergency drill to take place at Amman airport
- JA Resorts to launch high-end resort In Maldives
- $5.3bn hotel projects coming up in Saudi
- Hilton appoints new GM for Alexandria hotel
- Air Arabia opens new sales office in Bahrain
- Lufthansa aims high with 'First Class' service
- Emirates launches new service to Boston
- Dubai Airports 'powers down' for green initiative
- City Seasons opens 5-star hotel in Abu Dhabi
- Etihad alert on fog
- Bahrain F1 visa procedures issued
- Oman Air appoints GSA for Turkey
- $40bn investment in Gulf airports likely
- Celebrity chef to open restaurant at InterContinental
- FRHI appoints wellness vice president
- Dubai, Abu Dhabi hotels top performance
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard
- BA rolls out special Mother's Day fares
- Etihad says majority of stranded passengers sent home