Flydubai launches flights to Latakia
Dubai, June 21, 2010
Flydubai, Dubai’s first low cost airline, has launched services to the Syrian city of Latakia, making it the airline’s 19th destination.
With this, Syria has become the second country after Egypt, to welcome flydubai to three separate cities.
“We’re very pleased to be able to provide another flight to Syria and we are confident that the vibrant port of Latakia will be another successful route for flydubai,” said Ghaith Al Ghaith, CEO of flydubai.
“There are close ties between the UAE and Syria, with a large population of Syrian expatriates living in the UAE. Non-oil trade between the two countries reached $322 million in 2009,” he added.
Flights to Latakia will operate on Tuesdays, Thursdays, Saturdays and Sundays. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- UAE group to open Seychelles resort
- Gulf Air marks 1m Beirut passengers
- 80 flights cancelled at London airports over fog
- Etihad mulls investment in Alitalia
- 25 countries set for Bahrain airshow
- Air Arabia launches all new website
- Abu Dhabi plans permanent cruise terminal
- ME to top global air passenger demand
- Britain eases visas rules for Emiratis
- Travelport-Hertz workshops update travel firms