Flydubai launches Colombo service
Dubai, June 24, 2010
Flydubai, Dubai’s first low cost airline, notched up its fourth new destination in a week, when its inaugural flight to Sri Lanka touched down in Colombo last night (June 23).
“I am confident this new route will be a popular one, especially since a one way fare with flydubai costs from just Dh450, including all taxes, charges and one piece of hand luggage,” stated flydubai’s CEO Ghaith Al Ghaith.
“Travel to Sri Lanka has shown a significant increase so far this year, with a 106 per cent growth in the first quarter of 2010, according to the Sri Lankan tourism board.”
“With wonderful beaches and fabulous historical and cultural sites to attract visitors, Sri Lanka is always a popular destination for tourists,” he added.
flydubai will operate four flights per week on Mondays, Wednesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays.
FZ555 leaves Dubai International Airport Terminal 2 at 1855hrs and arrives in Colombo at 0110hrs local time the following day.
The return flight FZ556 leaves Colombo at 0210hrs on Tuesdays, Thursdays, Fridays and Sundays, arriving in Dubai at 0510hrs local time.-TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Qatar Airways launches online visa system
- Etihad in talks on $413m Alitalia investment
- W Doha Hotel wins top award
- Boom time for UAE hospitality sector
- Sanad, airberlin ink financing deal
- Major cruise liner docks at Abu Dhabi port
- Etihad, Greek airline sign codeshare
- Flynas scores 91pc in customer satisfaction
- Flora plans $204m property expansion in Dubai
- Dubai sees Ukraine tourist numbers up 29pc