Mercato to launch festivities event
Dubai, June 29, 2010
Mercato, a leading shopping destination in Dubai, will launch a month-long event featuring shopping deals, themed shows, musicals and prizes tomorrow (June 30).
The event will kick off with the two-week long Cinnamon Baking event for children, where they can learn how to make and decorate their own mini cinnabons. This activity will run until July 19.
Starting from July 2, Mercato will feature a number of musicals and stage shows, including Latin musicals and Flamenco and Salsa dancers.
Mercato’s Sweet Discoveries event will hold the “Jumeirah Charity Giant Cake Sale” on July 9, where skillful chefs will visit Mercato to build the giant cake structure, featuring different flavours and shapes.
“We are glad to once again team up with Jumeirah Group to host this event in Mercato for the seventh year in row,” said Rana Jaser, PR and corporate communication manager for Mercato.
“Our thanks go to Jumeirah Group who is holding this event for a noble cause, in support of the Dubai Autism Center,” he added. “This year, Jumeirah’s finest pastry chefs will be working towards beating last year’s record of Dh51,810 ($14,105).”
Adding to the events, Mercato and its sister mall Town Centre Jumeirah, jointly are running a fabulous Spend-2-Win promotion. For every spend of Dh200 in any outlet in either mall, in accumulated or single purchase receipts, customers receive a raffle coupon to be entered into the malls’ grand prize draw to win one of two 2010 Infiniti FX 35.
Shoppers of Mercato and Town Centre Jumeirah can look forward to the weekly draws to win one of two luxury BMW series 3, which will take place every Thursday, a statement said.
Mercato will also have special offers and sales up to 75 per cent plus an array of fun activities, it added. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Air Arabia opens new sales office in Bahrain
- Lufthansa aims high with 'First Class' service
- Emirates launches new service to Boston
- Dubai Airports 'powers down' for green initiative
- City Seasons opens 5-star hotel in Abu Dhabi
- Etihad alert on fog
- Bahrain F1 visa procedures issued
- Oman Air appoints GSA for Turkey
- $40bn investment in Gulf airports likely
- Celebrity chef to open restaurant at InterContinental
- FRHI appoints wellness vice president
- Dubai, Abu Dhabi hotels top performance
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard
- BA rolls out special Mother's Day fares
- Etihad says majority of stranded passengers sent home
- Malaysian jet search team spots 'column of smoke'
- Turkish Airlines revenue surges 27pc in 2013
- GCC airlines defend female cabin crew policies
- Malaysian flight 'presumed crashed' over China
- Qatar Airways likely to buy more A380s
- Malaysia Airlines jet goes missing over China
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog
- Tourism industry emerges from downturn
- Airbus orders more frequent A380 checks
- Dubai Mall stand offers air safety tips
- Elaf Group plans new hotel in Makkah
- UPDATE: Abu Dhabi airport starts operation
- Qatar Airways mulls options on 3 extra A380s
- RAK features 9 travel firms at ITB Berlin
- Etihad names Patrick Vieira guest ambassador