SITL Dubai and Airport Show to co-locate
Dubai, July 4, 2010
Reed Exhibitions Middle East has announced that SITL Dubai 2011 and Airport Show 2011 will be held concurrently from May 31 to June 2, at the Dubai International Convention and Exhibition Centre.
Both exhibitions will complement each other and gather suppliers of equipment and services covering all areas of airport development and operations. It will also draw shippers, transport and logistics services providers at the same arena, offering a more comprehensive networking platform for the region’s industry.
The year 2011 will mark the 11th edition of the Airport Show, the only event in the region dedicated to airport construction, operations, technology and services. It will also witness the second edition of SITL Dubai, a unique business to business event that offers a complete access to all aspects supply chain management.
“The synergy between The Airport Show and SITL Dubai is the underlying factor that made us link the two shows to offer a highly integrated and complete logistics experience to the region,” said Mohamad Bader-Eddin, show director, Reed Exhibitions Middle East.
“Participants will also have the chance to meet with a greater number of decision-makers in the transport and logistics industry, airline, aviation and airport sectors, as well as regulatory bodies and government entities, and gain exposure to a larger and more diverse network of visitors and interested stakeholders.”
“Moreover, the co-location of the shows will allow the delivery of a broader conference and seminar programmes that will headline the two events. In particular, the Hosted Buyer programme will offer exhibitors an increased opportunity to meet with potential buyers.”
The Airport Show is supported by leading aviation authorities and trade bodies including Dubai Airports, Abu Dhabi Airports Company, Dubai Civil Aviation, German Airport Technology & Equipment (GATE), British Aviation Group, British Airport Services & Equipment Association, Danish Airport Group, Ubifrance (the French Agency for international business development), and Netherlands Airport Technology Group.
SITL Dubai is endorsed by participants such as Jebel Ali Free Zone Authority (Jafza), DP World, National Association of Freight and Logistics (NAFL), International Federation of Freight Forwarders Associations (Fiata), the Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport and Logistics City.-TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Etihad to fly three times a day to Moscow
- Etihad Regional to lease 4 ATR aircraft
- Etihad soars high with record $6.1bn revenue
- Plaza opens lounges at Bengaluru
- Mövenpick opens organic hotel in Egypt
- Abu Dhabi to expand trade engagement programme
- WTO in deal to promote adventure travel
- Iata cuts global airline profit forecast to $18.7bn
- Gulf Hotels plans $132m waterfront property in Dubai
- Yas Island targets German tourist trade
- Sharq Doha unveils Al Dana Garden
- Beacon technology 'ideal' to aviation industry
- Emergency drill to take place at Amman airport
- JA Resorts to launch high-end resort In Maldives
- $5.3bn hotel projects coming up in Saudi
- Hilton appoints new GM for Alexandria hotel
- Air Arabia opens new sales office in Bahrain
- Lufthansa aims high with 'First Class' service
- Emirates launches new service to Boston
- Dubai Airports 'powers down' for green initiative
- City Seasons opens 5-star hotel in Abu Dhabi
- Etihad alert on fog
- Bahrain F1 visa procedures issued
- Oman Air appoints GSA for Turkey
- $40bn investment in Gulf airports likely
- Celebrity chef to open restaurant at InterContinental
- FRHI appoints wellness vice president
- Dubai, Abu Dhabi hotels top performance
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard
- BA rolls out special Mother's Day fares