Alafco to lease seven Boeing aircraft
Kuwait, July 6, 2010
Kuwait's Aviation Lease and Finance Company (Alafco) said it agreed to lease seven Boeing aircraft to Ethiopian Airlines, China's Okay Airways and Russia's Transaero Airlines.
Ethiopian Airlines and Okay Airways will each lease three new Boeing 737-800 aircraft for 96 months, Alafco said in a statement on the Kuwaiti bourse website on Tuesday. The market price of each aircraft is $77 million, the firm said.
Alafco said it also agreed to lease a used Boeing 777-200 for 96 months to Transaero Airlines, at a market price of $60 million.
Alafco, in which Islamic lender Kuwait Finance House and state-owned Kuwait Airways are the biggest shareholders, said monthly rental charges are 1 percent of the listed prices.-Reuters
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Abu Dhabi Aviation to get latest Bell helicopter
- Gulf Hotels Group plans new spa complex
- Starwood joins hands with Bentley
- Air freight volumes to grow 17pc in 5 years
- DWC-Emaar in golf centre deal
- UAE group to open Seychelles resort
- Gulf Air marks 1m Beirut passengers
- 80 flights cancelled at London airports over fog
- Etihad mulls investment in Alitalia
- 25 countries set for Bahrain airshow