Oman Air increases frequency to Salalah
Muscat, July 27, 2010
Oman Air has added extra capacity on the Muscat-Salalah route till August 11, to meet increased demand.
The carrier now operates 35 weekly scheduled flights to Salalah, which are 7 more than the normal scheduled flights.
Demand to Salalah during the Khareef season is unprecedented due to the clement weather and the ongoing Salalah Tourism Festival.
“As the official carrier of Salalah Tourism Festival, we are providing extra flights to Salalah to cope with the increased demand largely for Omani families as well as visitors from GCC countries and beyond. We are happy that the number of visitors to Salalah is increasing from different Oman Air stations, due to increased flights, which give the passengers more choice and attracts more visitors to this verdant city,” stated Abdulrazaq Alraisi Oman Air general manager Worldwide Sales.
“As a continuation of our initiative towards this frequency increase, we are planning to operate our brand new A330/200 aircraft to Salalah on July the 29 and 31. This will offer passengers a peek into the most-talked about Business and Economy Class cabins, which is generally available on Long-haul flights to Europe and the Far East, as well as give more seats to cope with the demand.”-TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- W Doha Hotel wins top award
- Boom time for UAE hospitality sector
- Sanad, airberlin ink financing deal
- Major cruise liner docks at Abu Dhabi port
- Etihad, Greek airline sign codeshare
- Flynas scores 91pc in customer satisfaction
- Flora plans $204m property expansion in Dubai
- Dubai sees Ukraine tourist numbers up 29pc
- Bahrain air show set to take off
- Summit explores future of regional travel industry