Bahrain avionics wins big MRO contract
Manama, August 2, 2010
Bahrain-based Mena Aerospace Enterprises said its aircraft, avionics maintenance unit has won a massive order from a Middle East customer to supply and install specialised communication equipment on its nearly 200 aircraft based in the region.
Mena Aerospace Enterprises said the contract awarded to SA Mena Avionics involves modification, certification and commissioning work, and will take up almost one year for completion.
SA Mena is a joint venture between Mena Aerospace Enterprises and Scandinavian Avionics A/S based in Billund, Denmark.
The company operates from its purpose-built facility at the Bahrain International Airport and has both airside and landside access.
SA Mena Avionics said as per the contract, it will install specialised communication equipment on over 200 aicraft being operated by an unnamed country in the region.
The company said it provides aeronautical training and its current catalogue of approved courses contains over 150 training programs.
Training is provided to local and international aviation companies and schools, said a SA Mena statement.
The company had recently opened a service centre to recondition aircraft batteries. In addition to being a dealer for aviation vendors, the company was recently appointed by Honeywell as its dealer and approved service centre for the Mena region, the company statement said.-TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Etihad announces new appointments
- Etihad expands India operations
- UAE hotel group launches Abu Dhabi project
- Jordan passenger traffic up 14pc
- Self-service check-in soon at Kuwait airport
- Gulf Air launches flight to Al Maktoum airport
- Jazeera Airways tops on-time performance
- Jumeirah inks Oman luxury resort deal
- Ritz unveils big Qatar National Day offer
- Mideast airlines top global traffic growth in Oct