SNIC official promoted to top post
Manama, August 4, 2010
Saudi National Insurance Company (SNIC) has appointed Khalid Al Shaikh as its general manager.
Al Shaikh has been with SNIC as country manager of the Bahrain office since the commencement of its operation in 2007.
Former general manager Omar Bilani, after 24 years of service, has joined Wataniya Insurance Company as managing director and chief executive.
Wataniya Insurance Company is a fully licensed and registered company in Saudi Arabia in which SNIC is the major shareholder.
Al Shaikh, began his career in reinsurance with the Arab Insurance Group, has 14 years of expertise within the insurance industry, mainly in direct insurance.
Prior to joining SNIC, Al Shaikh worked with Al Ahlia Insurance Company for more than three years where he set up the Life and Medical Department.
He also worked with Solidarity Family Takaful for more than three years.
"We are delighted to appoint Mr Khalid to this important post where he will play a leading role in ensuring that Saudi National Insurance Company continues to maintain the highest levels of client service and quality," a top SNIC official said.
SNIC has been in Bahrain since 2007, where it has been successful in obtaining reputed corporate accounts in the financial and government sectors. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Egypt tourist arrivals jump 11.8pc
- Kuwaiti touristic website introduced
- Abu Dhabi plans 'bigger, louder' Summer fest
- RAK's Beach Hotel wins leisure hotel award
- African aviation expo launched
- Marriott opens first Courtyard hotel in Saudi
- Crowne Plaza names Bahrain sales head
- Air Arabia raises $350 million loan
- UAE tops region for tourism receipts in 2012
- Kerzner signs Jeddah One&Only deal