SNIC official promoted to top post
Manama, August 4, 2010
Saudi National Insurance Company (SNIC) has appointed Khalid Al Shaikh as its general manager.
Al Shaikh has been with SNIC as country manager of the Bahrain office since the commencement of its operation in 2007.
Former general manager Omar Bilani, after 24 years of service, has joined Wataniya Insurance Company as managing director and chief executive.
Wataniya Insurance Company is a fully licensed and registered company in Saudi Arabia in which SNIC is the major shareholder.
Al Shaikh, began his career in reinsurance with the Arab Insurance Group, has 14 years of expertise within the insurance industry, mainly in direct insurance.
Prior to joining SNIC, Al Shaikh worked with Al Ahlia Insurance Company for more than three years where he set up the Life and Medical Department.
He also worked with Solidarity Family Takaful for more than three years.
"We are delighted to appoint Mr Khalid to this important post where he will play a leading role in ensuring that Saudi National Insurance Company continues to maintain the highest levels of client service and quality," a top SNIC official said.
SNIC has been in Bahrain since 2007, where it has been successful in obtaining reputed corporate accounts in the financial and government sectors. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog
- Tourism industry emerges from downturn
- Airbus orders more frequent A380 checks
- Dubai Mall stand offers air safety tips
- Elaf Group plans new hotel in Makkah
- UPDATE: Abu Dhabi airport starts operation
- Qatar Airways mulls options on 3 extra A380s
- RAK features 9 travel firms at ITB Berlin
- Etihad names Patrick Vieira guest ambassador
- Lufthansa to offer Premium Economy Class
- Ras Al Khaimah TDA appoints new CEO
- Abu Dhabi flights hit by 'technical failure'
- Egypt urges Germany to ease travel advisory
- Qatar Airways to get 3 A380s in June
- Paramount eyes expansion in region
- All EU citizens exempt from pre-entry UAE visas
- Sofitel to open in Downtown Dubai
- Women’s role in aviation focus for summit
- Turkish, Singapore Airlines expand codeshare
- Global air passenger traffic up 7.8pc in Jan
- Hilton to open 41-storey hotel in Pearl-Qatar
- Graffiti area at the Great Wall
- Dubai hotels welcome 11m guests
- Wyndham signs for 4th hotel in Turkey
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- IFA Hotels unveils fresh brand identity
- Turkish Airlines launches Rotterdam flights
- RJ to operate Amman-Kuwait twice daily
- JCDecaux unveils digital screens at Dubai airport
- EU awaits surge in UAE corporate travellers