Kuwait appoints firms for airline privatisation
Kuwait City, August 4, 2010
Kuwait has appointed Citigroup, Ernst & Young and an aviation services firm to handle the privatisation of the country's national carrier, the state news agency said on Wednesday.
Kuna said the contracts will be signed in coming days, citing a government committee.
Kuwait's parliament approved a plan in 2008 to privatise Kuwait Airways. Under the plan, the government will sell 40 percent of the national carrier to the public and 35 percent to a long-term investor. - Reuters
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Hala Abu Dhabi launches tours, safaris
- Kenya starts work on $654m airport project
- Gulf Air wins top eContent award
- Dubai fund ICD buys landmark Atlantis hotel
- Qatar Airways to launch Dallas/Fort Worth route
- Ritz-Carlton Bahrain appoints new sales chief
- Best Western opens in Thailand
- Emirates launches Kabul route
- Ayla appoints new HR director
- Cavotec to showcase new GSE at Kuwait forum