French luxury hotel launches iPad app
Paris, August 4, 2010
Sofitel, a French luxury hotel brand, is launching its own iPad application called The Kiosk.
The Kiosk serves as an interactive press review, offering a selection of daily newspapers and magazines on economics, sports, fashion and lifestyle, a statement said.
Guests staying in the most prestigious Sofitel suites and locations in four major European cities – Paris, London, Munich and Brussels – are provided with iPads during their stay.
The application allows guests to choose from a selection of 6 newspapers and magazines for each of the six selected countries: France, the UK, Germany, Spain, Italy and the US.
Le Monde, The Wall Street Journal, El Pais, The Financial Times, Die Welt, Vogue and l’Officiel, French fashion magazine with unique archives dating back to 1920 are some of the titles available for easy browsing by users, the statement said.
Eventually, the brand intends to enhance its offering by providing press selections from more countries and expanding the service across its entire network worldwide for guests in its most prestigious suites.
Finally, new services will gradually be added to the application to meet the constantly changing needs of its international clientele, according to the statement. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Etihad, US firm ink smart technology pact
- Renaissance to host 'day of discovery'
- Boeing clinches $30bn Dreamliner-10 orders
- Accor overhauls Pullman, targets 150 hotels
- Gulf Air official reappointed to key post
- Loss-making Abu Dhabi TDIC sells key project
- Crowne Plaza Jordan gets food safety certification
- Oman Air, Travelport in seat assignment deal
- Kuwait Marriott unveils summer deals
- Tilal Liwa offers ‘traditional Ramadan experience’