French luxury hotel launches iPad app
Paris, August 4, 2010
Sofitel, a French luxury hotel brand, is launching its own iPad application called The Kiosk.
The Kiosk serves as an interactive press review, offering a selection of daily newspapers and magazines on economics, sports, fashion and lifestyle, a statement said.
Guests staying in the most prestigious Sofitel suites and locations in four major European cities – Paris, London, Munich and Brussels – are provided with iPads during their stay.
The application allows guests to choose from a selection of 6 newspapers and magazines for each of the six selected countries: France, the UK, Germany, Spain, Italy and the US.
Le Monde, The Wall Street Journal, El Pais, The Financial Times, Die Welt, Vogue and l’Officiel, French fashion magazine with unique archives dating back to 1920 are some of the titles available for easy browsing by users, the statement said.
Eventually, the brand intends to enhance its offering by providing press selections from more countries and expanding the service across its entire network worldwide for guests in its most prestigious suites.
Finally, new services will gradually be added to the application to meet the constantly changing needs of its international clientele, according to the statement. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Jordan passenger traffic up 14pc
- Self-service check-in soon at Kuwait airport
- Gulf Air launches flight to Al Maktoum airport
- Jazeera Airways tops on-time performance
- Jumeirah inks Oman luxury resort deal
- Ritz unveils big Qatar National Day offer
- Mideast airlines top global traffic growth in Oct
- Travelport appoints online business head
- Saudi cargo plane veers off runway in Nigeria
- Gulf Air launches loyalty promotion