Abha top family tourism destination
Abha, August 5, 2010
Abha Summer Training Festival, part of Abha Shopping Festival, which was recently held for 11 days in Abha, has recorded attendance by over 33,000 families during its inaugural edition.
This success can be attributed to the organisers' efforts to create world class facilities and activities catering to different sections of families contributed to the success of the event, customised for Gulf residents, a statement said.
“This festival is a success story that could be replicated in other places because it succeeded in providing a model to what family tourists really want from a festival,” said Abdul Karim Bin Salem Al Hunainy, Undersecretary of Aseer.
Dr Ali Sharab, founder of Forsan Al Hayat, organiser of the festival, said: “We want to make this festival a world class event that will position Abha as a tourism destination offering distinctive edutainment activities to visitors from all over the kingdom and the Gulf region and the Arab world at a later stage. The ideal climate of Abha gives it an edge in topping the list of tourism destinations in the region.”
The success of Abha Training Summer Festival was driven by the wide experience of its organizers as well as the close collaboration with government and private sectors in Aseer area and the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
Abha Training Summer Festival, which was held under the slogan “We meet for a higher aim” was organised by the Saudi Commission for Tourism and Antiquities (SCTA) and Forsan Al Hayat at the Abha International Exhibitions Centre and Abha Palace Hotel in Aseer. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Boeing delivers 777-300 jetliner to Saudia
- Kuwait Airways signs Airbus deal
- Atlantis, The Palm, seeks $850m loan
- Emirates, TUI India ink agent agreement
- Dnata buys Air France stake in Italian unit
- SIA profits drop in contest from Gulf carriers
- Kuwait Airways in financing talks for Airbus order
- Ritz-Carlton Dubai unveils summer offers
- Royal Rose Hotel appoints general manager
- GCAA, Etihad open operations licensing office