Cathay, Travelport ink marketing deal
Dubai, August 16, 2010
Hong Kong-based airline Cathay Pacific and Travelport, a business services provider to travel industry, have inked a deal that will provide all Galileo, Apollo and Worldspan-connected travel agents with access to its fares and content.
As per the five-year marketing agreement, Travelport’s extensive network of travel agency customers worldwide will get access to Cathay Pacific’s fares and inventory of flights, with full booking functionality. The agreement takes effect immediately.
“We are delighted to renew our agreement with Cathay Pacific which ensures that all Travelport-connected agents will have unprecedented access to fares from this leading international carrier,” said Rabih Saab, Travelport’s vice president, Middle East.
“Both parties have been focused in finding a cost-effective arrangement that provides the greatest benefit for our travel agency partners. The latest deal offers comprehensive access to Cathay Pacific’s fares, functionality and content available to travel agents today,” said Clarence Tai, general manager Sales & Distribution, Cathay Pacific.
The agreement with Cathay Pacific is the latest example of Travelport’s strategy of securing content agreements and reaffirms the value of its global distribution platforms for airlines. Other recent airline renewals include British Airways, Emirates and Etihad, the company said.-TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- GCC takes on the Caribbean in big cruise tourism war
- Etihad finace head wins top award
- Turkish Airlines boosts Africa network
- New Holiday Inn hotel opens in Mauritius
- Abu Dhabi Aviation to get latest Bell helicopter
- Gulf Hotels Group plans new spa complex
- Starwood joins hands with Bentley
- Air freight volumes to grow 17pc in 5 years
- DWC-Emaar in golf centre deal
- UAE group to open Seychelles resort