Katrina new Etihad brand ambassador
Abu Dhabi, August 25, 2010
UAE national carrier Etihad Airways has signed up leading Indian film actress Katrina Kaif as its brand ambassador. The airline also launched a new loyalty program offering key benefits to its Etihad Guest members travelling to and from India.
As per the deal, Etihad Airways and Katrina Kaif will work on a series of initiatives to promote the airline across India and around the world, including addressing Indian communities in its key markets such as the UAE, the US and the United Kingdom, said an Etihad statement.
Etihad recently filmed an internet video with Katrina Kaif dancing in the airline’s First class lounge in Abu Dhabi, under the direction of award winning Indian film director and choreographer, Farah Khan.
The video, which has been distributed online across YouTube and various social networking sites, will be used to promote the partnership between Katrina and Etihad Airways throughout the campaign, the statement said.
Katrina also featured in a stylish new advertising campaign launched Wednesday in major newspaper and magazines. In the video, Katrina is seen enjoying the comfort and world-class facilities of each cabin on an Etihad aircraft.
Peter Baumgartner, Etihad Airways’ chief commercial officer, said: “Our partnership with Katrina Kaif will help build Etihad’s brand name globally and further introduce our world-class products and services across India and to Indian communities around the world.'
“Katrina represents the best of Indian cinema. By challenging the industry as a highly talented newcomer, she has successfully reached the top of her field in a very short period of time. These values ideally match Etihad’s own ambition to be the best airline in the world.”
An excited Katrina said: “Since they first started flying, Etihad Airways has succeeded in becoming one of the biggest names in the airline industry. I have always loved flying with Etihad and I am extremely honoured to work closely with the world’s leading airline.'
In her brand new new role, Katrina on Wednesday launched a new loyalty program 'IndiaConnect,' an exclusive club designed to offer a wide range of benefits to Etihad Guest members travelling to and from India.
The leading Indian actress unveiled the new program in the presence of Andrew Ward, Etihad Airways vice president of Marketing and Neerja Bhatia, Etihad Airways country manager of India.
Once registered at www.etihadindiaconnect.com, Etihad Guest members will be able to access a number of exclusive benefits, including: travel offers on Indian routes; and discounts and deals with a variety of partners in India and partners abroad, including hotels, restaurants, retail outlets, entertainment outlets, and community associations.
“For people like me who are always travelling to and from India, IndiaConnect is a perfect travel solution, making it even easier to fly home,” said Katrina, who was named as the founding member of India Connect.
On the launch, Bhatia said: “India is one of our most important markets, generating major traffic on Etihad destinations across the globe. We are always looking for ways to offer targeted, innovative and unique benefits to our Etihad Guest members.'
'As India continues to grow in popularity as a business and leisure destination, we are pleased to support Etihad Guest members who want to experience the region, as well as helping connect Indian passengers from around the world,' she added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Oman Air appoints GSA for Turkey
- $40bn investment in Gulf airports likely
- Celebrity chef to open restaurant at InterContinental
- FRHI appoints wellness vice president
- Dubai, Abu Dhabi hotels top performance
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard
- BA rolls out special Mother's Day fares
- Etihad says majority of stranded passengers sent home
- Malaysian jet search team spots 'column of smoke'
- Turkish Airlines revenue surges 27pc in 2013
- GCC airlines defend female cabin crew policies
- Malaysian flight 'presumed crashed' over China
- Qatar Airways likely to buy more A380s
- Malaysia Airlines jet goes missing over China
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog
- Tourism industry emerges from downturn
- Airbus orders more frequent A380 checks
- Dubai Mall stand offers air safety tips
- Elaf Group plans new hotel in Makkah
- UPDATE: Abu Dhabi airport starts operation
- Qatar Airways mulls options on 3 extra A380s
- RAK features 9 travel firms at ITB Berlin
- Etihad names Patrick Vieira guest ambassador
- Lufthansa to offer Premium Economy Class
- Ras Al Khaimah TDA appoints new CEO
- Abu Dhabi flights hit by 'technical failure'
- Egypt urges Germany to ease travel advisory
- Qatar Airways to get 3 A380s in June
- Paramount eyes expansion in region
- All EU citizens exempt from pre-entry UAE visas