Crowds swarm Dubai malls on Eid event
Dubai, September 11, 2010
Crowds swarmed select malls on the first day of ‘Eid in Dubai’ as international character shows, carnivals, heritage tents, and fireworks made for a busy Eid itinerary for children and families.
‘Eid in Dubai’, organised by the Dubai Events and Promotions Establishment (Depe), will go on till September 12, with the back-to-school funfair and exhibition at Airport Expo Dubai running till September 18.
The Central Galleria was the hub of Eid activity at Mirdif City Centre as Ben 10, Hello Kitty, and the Freej Show proved to be a massive success with visitors.
The adorable purple dinosaur Barney joined Baby Bop and BJ in a musical titled Barney’s Beach Party at Mall of the Emirates, while the Dino Live Exhibition was the highlight of Eid festivities at Dubai Festival City.
The back-to-school exhibition and funfair were the main highlights at Airport Expo Dubai as families crowded the venue for the best back-to-school stationery and games and rides at the funfair.
Atlantis, The Palm, also hosted fireworks and organized amazing promotions to welcome Eid visitors. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- UAE tops region for tourism receipts in 2012
- Kerzner signs Jeddah One&Only deal
- Forum to map out Arab tourism strategies
- Turkish Airlines adds 4 new destinations
- Moroccan tourism revenue up 6pc in Jan
- City Seasons backs European MICE event
- Dubai T2 expansion boosts flydubai growth
- Etihad to acquire Abu Dhabi airport services firms
- Jordan airport sees record passenger traffic
- Boeing delivers 777-300 jetliner to Saudia