Crowds swarm Dubai malls on Eid event
Dubai, September 11, 2010
Crowds swarmed select malls on the first day of ‘Eid in Dubai’ as international character shows, carnivals, heritage tents, and fireworks made for a busy Eid itinerary for children and families.
‘Eid in Dubai’, organised by the Dubai Events and Promotions Establishment (Depe), will go on till September 12, with the back-to-school funfair and exhibition at Airport Expo Dubai running till September 18.
The Central Galleria was the hub of Eid activity at Mirdif City Centre as Ben 10, Hello Kitty, and the Freej Show proved to be a massive success with visitors.
The adorable purple dinosaur Barney joined Baby Bop and BJ in a musical titled Barney’s Beach Party at Mall of the Emirates, while the Dino Live Exhibition was the highlight of Eid festivities at Dubai Festival City.
The back-to-school exhibition and funfair were the main highlights at Airport Expo Dubai as families crowded the venue for the best back-to-school stationery and games and rides at the funfair.
Atlantis, The Palm, also hosted fireworks and organized amazing promotions to welcome Eid visitors. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Abu Dhabi MICE sector ‘growth to continue’
- Etihad appoints senior VP sales
- Air Arabia to distribute 7.25pc cash dividends
- Novotel Abu Dhabi Al Bustan opens
- Top firms plan Dubai World Central move
- Ferrari Land theme park to open in Spain
- Hilton to open 125-room hotel in Saudi
- Abu Dhabi runway closed for upgradation work
- Etihad to fly three times a day to Moscow
- Etihad Regional to lease 4 ATR aircraft
- Etihad soars high with record $6.1bn revenue
- Plaza opens lounges at Bengaluru
- Mövenpick opens organic hotel in Egypt
- Abu Dhabi to expand trade engagement programme
- WTO in deal to promote adventure travel
- Iata cuts global airline profit forecast to $18.7bn
- Gulf Hotels plans $132m waterfront property in Dubai
- Yas Island targets German tourist trade
- Sharq Doha unveils Al Dana Garden
- Beacon technology 'ideal' to aviation industry
- Emergency drill to take place at Amman airport
- JA Resorts to launch high-end resort In Maldives
- $5.3bn hotel projects coming up in Saudi
- Hilton appoints new GM for Alexandria hotel
- Air Arabia opens new sales office in Bahrain
- Lufthansa aims high with 'First Class' service
- Emirates launches new service to Boston
- Dubai Airports 'powers down' for green initiative
- City Seasons opens 5-star hotel in Abu Dhabi
- Etihad alert on fog