DTCM holds tourism workshops in Italy
Dubai, September 30, 2010
The Dubai Department of Tourism and Commerce Marketing (DTCM) recently organised two workshops in the Italian cities of Rome and Milan, to promote Dubai’s array of tourism attractions.
Over 200 people representing major tourism companies in the two host cities and members of the media attended the workshops. This is the second consecutive year that DTCM is organising similar workshops in Italy.
The delegation from Dubai that was part of the workshops included 13 participants from hotels, tourism companies and also Emirates airlines.
DTCM was represented by Talal Khalifah Al Suwaidi, head of Region India, Middle East & Southern/Eastern Africa, Overseas Promotions & Inward Missions.
The road shows in Rome and Milan received considerable attention from Italy’s tourism sector, reflecting the steady increase in the number of tourists visiting Dubai from this important market.
Trips for two persons to Dubai were raffled off during each workshop. Winners will get to stay in the emirate for three days and join a tour of Dubai’s top tourist destinations.-TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Double delivery takes Emirates A380 fleet to 44
- Boeing wins $7bn Cathay Pacific order
- Qatar Airways launches online visa system
- Etihad in talks on $413m Alitalia investment
- W Doha Hotel wins top award
- Boom time for UAE hospitality sector
- Sanad, airberlin ink financing deal
- Major cruise liner docks at Abu Dhabi port
- Etihad, Greek airline sign codeshare
- Flynas scores 91pc in customer satisfaction