Bahrain waterpark wins global acclaim
Manama, October 5, 2010
Wahooo! Waterpark Bahrain, a unit of Dubai-based Majid Al Futtaim Leisure, has been recognised in two categories by the World Waterpark Association, the highest international body for waterparks around the world.
The awards will be handed at the 2010 Wave Review Awards competition, to be held in San Antonio, Texas this month. The World Waterpark Association recognised Wahooo! as having the best ‘Email Campaign’ and top ‘Posters’ in the advertising and promotional categories.
“We are extremely proud to win the prestigious Wave Review Awards and to be recognised as the best in the industry by the World Waterpark Association. We feel doubly honoured to receive both these awards in our first year of operation,” said Shama Uchil, sales and marketing manager of Wahooo!
Judges selected Wahooo! from a total of 275 leisure entrants worldwide and were impressed by the creativity of the waterpark’s innovative, fun-filled marketing campaigns during 2010, a statement said.
“As Wahooo! is an indoor-outdoor park with temperature controlled pools this provided the management team with the challenge of how best to introduce the brand to the market and create awareness around it,” continued Uchil. “From the first day we launched our brand, we earned rave reviews for its name, the logo and its modern, fun look.”
“Since Eid the Wahooo! team has been enjoying attendance from thousands of guests and our figures have been higher than ever before. Receiving these two awards is a double celebration!” Uchil concluded.
Wahooo! will awarded at an awards ceremony, along with the other winning parks from around the world at the upcoming 30th Anniversary Symposium & Trade Show held in San Antonio, Texas from October 6 to 10. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog
- Tourism industry emerges from downturn
- Airbus orders more frequent A380 checks
- Dubai Mall stand offers air safety tips
- Elaf Group plans new hotel in Makkah
- UPDATE: Abu Dhabi airport starts operation
- Qatar Airways mulls options on 3 extra A380s
- RAK features 9 travel firms at ITB Berlin
- Etihad names Patrick Vieira guest ambassador
- Lufthansa to offer Premium Economy Class
- Ras Al Khaimah TDA appoints new CEO
- Abu Dhabi flights hit by 'technical failure'
- Egypt urges Germany to ease travel advisory
- Qatar Airways to get 3 A380s in June
- Paramount eyes expansion in region
- All EU citizens exempt from pre-entry UAE visas
- Sofitel to open in Downtown Dubai
- Women’s role in aviation focus for summit
- Turkish, Singapore Airlines expand codeshare
- Global air passenger traffic up 7.8pc in Jan
- Hilton to open 41-storey hotel in Pearl-Qatar
- Graffiti area at the Great Wall
- Dubai hotels welcome 11m guests
- Wyndham signs for 4th hotel in Turkey
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- IFA Hotels unveils fresh brand identity
- Turkish Airlines launches Rotterdam flights
- RJ to operate Amman-Kuwait twice daily
- JCDecaux unveils digital screens at Dubai airport
- EU awaits surge in UAE corporate travellers