Ibn Battuta Gate opens in Dubai
New Dubai, October 7, 2010
The 396-room Ibn Battuta Gate Hotel, the first five-star hotel into Dubai from Abu Dhabi, recently welcomed its first guests with a lifetime upgrade.
Abdulla Al Darmaki treated his mother, wife, three daughters and two sons to a weekend stay in Dubai’s new landmark property and was surprised by the news that he was the first guest to make a reservation just moments after the five-star hotel opened its doors for business.
Jan Kaiser, the hotel’s general manager was joined by reservation’s executive Ann Kirigo Ng’ang to mark the event by presenting Al Darmaki with a lifetime upgrade.
“We love what we see here at Ibn Battuta Gate Hotel and will be sure to make this our preferred hotel in Dubai,” said Al Darmaki.
“The decoration and accessories are stunning and the tribute to the hotel’s namesake - the 14th century explorer Ibn Battuta, is an interesting concept,” he added.
The hotel is located in the Ibn Battuta Mall vicinity, shoulder-to-shoulder with the iconic Ibn Battuta Gate. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- W Doha Hotel wins top award
- Boom time for UAE hospitality sector
- Sanad, airberlin ink financing deal
- Major cruise liner docks at Abu Dhabi port
- Etihad, Greek airline sign codeshare
- Flynas scores 91pc in customer satisfaction
- Flora plans $204m property expansion in Dubai
- Dubai sees Ukraine tourist numbers up 29pc
- Bahrain air show set to take off
- Summit explores future of regional travel industry