Dubai to host Indian travel agents' convention
Dubai, October 12, 2010
Dubai Department of Tourism and Commerce Marketing (DTCM) said it has signed a MoU with the Travel Agents Federation of India (TAFI) to host their annual convention in Dubai next month.
The agreement was signed by DTCM director general Khalid A. Bin Sulayem and TAFI secretary general Ajay Prakash in the presence of a number of major Federation member companies and several senior DTCM officials.
Thanking TAFI for choosing Dubai as convention venue, Bin Sulayem said, "This move underlines the importance of UAE-India tourism relations, especially since India is a major tourism market for UAE, particularly for Dubai."
The TAFI’s annual convention will be held from November 25 to 30, 2010 at the Al Murooj Rotana Hotel and is expected to attract around 1,000 participants from all major Indian agency members of the Federation.
TAFI is one of the most important Federations concerned with tourism in India. Its total member count is 1,400, all accredited by IATF (International Air Transport Federation), and represents a 70 per cent market share of India’s outbound tourism.-TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Summit explores future of regional travel industry
- AirAsiaX to buy 25 new Airbus jets
- Dusit launches premium hotel brand
- Etihad names new Kenya GM
- Emirates expands European Tour portfolio
- Gulf Air executive names AACO unit chief
- Air France celebrates 30 years of flying to Saudi
- Turkish Airlines to install 80 Sita kiosks
- BA launches Europe travel sale in UAE
- Etihad signs $3.3m deal with VisitBritain