Gulf Air delays launch of Basra, Isfahan flights
Manama, October 13, 2010
Gulf Air has delayed the launch for its services from Bahrain to Basra in Iraq and Isfahan in Iran, due to procedural and administrative delays.
Services to Basra will now commence on December 5, while Isfahan service will be launched on December 9.
Service to Addis Ababa in Ethiopia will be launched on December 6 as planned.
“The postponement has become necessary as there are some procedural and administrative delays in getting necessary permissions to commence the service as scheduled,” a statement said.
“While Gulf Air regrets any inconvenience this may cause to its customers, a dedicated Gulf Air team is working hard to complete all formalities to launch the service without any further delay,” it said.
Passengers who have already booked on these flights are being contacted by the airline’s customer service team to advise them of the alternative options available, it said.
Passengers can also contact Gulf Air World Wide Contact Centre on +973 17335777 for any assistance, it added. -TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Abu Dhabi Aviation to get latest Bell helicopter
- Gulf Hotels Group plans new spa complex
- Starwood joins hands with Bentley
- Air freight volumes to grow 17pc in 5 years
- DWC-Emaar in golf centre deal
- UAE group to open Seychelles resort
- Gulf Air marks 1m Beirut passengers
- 80 flights cancelled at London airports over fog
- Etihad mulls investment in Alitalia
- 25 countries set for Bahrain airshow