Emirates offers deals for Qatar football event
Dubai, October 21, 2010
Emirates, the international airline of the UAE, is offering specially priced packages for the AFC Asian Cup Qatar 2011, taking place in Doha from January 7 to 29, 2011.
The tournament will see 16 of Asia’s top national teams compete for the AFC (Asian Football Confederation) Asian Cup 2011, including the UAE, as well as Korea Republic, Japan and Australia, who played in the FIFA 2010 World Cup tournament.
“Qatar is set to host the AFC Asian Cup 2011, with new facilities and world class stadia, and this will no doubt be a tournament to remember. To enable fans to attend these exciting matches, combined with a stay in Doha, we have put together packages to suit all budgets,” said Russell Sheldon, senior vice president network passenger sales development, Emirates Airline.
“The packages have been designed so that football fans living in the UAE and the rest of the Gulf region can fly to Doha, watch their favourite team play, and fly back the next morning,” he added. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Qatar Airways launches online visa system
- Etihad in talks on $413m Alitalia investment
- W Doha Hotel wins top award
- Boom time for UAE hospitality sector
- Sanad, airberlin ink financing deal
- Major cruise liner docks at Abu Dhabi port
- Etihad, Greek airline sign codeshare
- Flynas scores 91pc in customer satisfaction
- Flora plans $204m property expansion in Dubai
- Dubai sees Ukraine tourist numbers up 29pc