Bahrain Haj pilgrims must carry passports
Manama, November 1, 2010
Bahraini smart cards will not be accepted for entry at King Fahad Causeway for pilgrims to Makkah, it has emerged.
Haj pilgrims should carry their passports to enter Saudi Arabia, said General Directorate of Nationality, Passports and Residence exits director Shawki Al Sobai.
He said that they have also increased their staff at the causeway and Bahrain International Airport ahead of the Haj season that starts this month.
Al Sobai said, to expedite the traffic process, separate lanes were allocated for buses carrying pilgrims through the causeway.
'The pilgrims should ensure their documents are in order, including the validity of their passports, residence permits and visa to enter Saudi Arabia,' he said.Bahrain officials will hold a meeting with their counterparts at the King Fahad Causeway Authority to prepare a table of timings and dates of departures for pilgrims.-TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Renaissance to host 'day of discovery'
- Boeing clinches $30bn Dreamliner-10 orders
- Accor overhauls Pullman, targets 150 hotels
- Gulf Air official reappointed to key post
- Loss-making Abu Dhabi TDIC sells key project
- Crowne Plaza Jordan gets food safety certification
- Oman Air, Travelport in seat assignment deal
- Kuwait Marriott unveils summer deals
- Tilal Liwa offers ‘traditional Ramadan experience’
- Etihad mulls equity stake in Serbian airline