Cipriani joins Abu Dhabi island project
Abu Dhabi, November 2, 2010
The UAE-based Destination Hospitality Management has inked a partnership deal that will bring Cipriani, a global hospitality brand, to the Yas Yacht Club, part of the multibillion dollar Yas Island and Abu Dhabi’s first official yacht club.
Cipriani, the four generation family has properties, including restaurants, event spaces, luxury residential and hotels in New York, Los Angeles, London, Venice, Hong Kong, Istanbul and Porto Cervo Sardinia.
The company said it had selected The Destination for its Middle East operations after being approached by numerous groups. A joint venture between Ali Jassim and Mohamed Bin Jabr Al Suwaidi, The Destinantion owns a portfolio of projects such as the Yas Yacht Club.
Cipriani will open their signature Italian restaurant, a Wine and Bellini Room, “Yotto” their first and only Japanese restaurant, a cigar lounge, “Allure” a nightclub, a private member’s yacht club and catering facilities, said a top official.
The catering facility will be equipped to host royal events, weddings, concerts, public and private occasions. The Yas Yacht Club, whose interior is designed by celebrated Italian architect Michele Bonan, is set to open this month.
Mohamed Bin Jabr Al Suwaidi, co-founder and co-chairman of The Destination, said: 'I am very excited to bring such a world renowned brand to Abu Dhabi, and especially to have been a pioneer investor in the Yas Island project.'
Ali Jassim, co-founder and co-chairman of The Destination, said the company was delighted to bring a name synonymous with one of the world’s greatest in luxury hospitality, quality and service.
'There is no place better suited to open our operations than the Yas Yacht Club, and we are pleased to be able to contribute to the development of Yas Island, fit harmoniously with the Formula One track, and be the leaders in all the world-class yachting events that will be hosted under the patronage of the Yacht club,' he added.
“The level of exclusivity the venues and members will enjoy are second to none and have as yet never been available in the Middle East,” said Giuseppe Cipriani. “Both Cipriani and the Yas Yacht Club venue fit well and are sure to create a recipe for unmatched experiences on the Yas Island.”
Murtaza Akbar, president of Cipriani Mena and Asia, said, “The start of Formula One weekend (November 11) will be the exciting beginning of our inaugural period. The help of our friend Prince Christian of Hannover has been critical in structuring our partnership.”
Mohammed Al-Mubarak from Aldar properties commented: “It is fantastic to see that our development has encouraged so many innovative attractions such as Ferrari World opening in October, Links Golf Club, the largest indoor theme park in the world, and now what is tailored to become the most exclusive Yacht club in the world.'-TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Etihad to fly three times a day to Moscow
- Etihad Regional to lease 4 ATR aircraft
- Etihad soars high with record $6.1bn revenue
- Plaza opens lounges at Bengaluru
- Mövenpick opens organic hotel in Egypt
- Abu Dhabi to expand trade engagement programme
- WTO in deal to promote adventure travel
- Iata cuts global airline profit forecast to $18.7bn
- Gulf Hotels plans $132m waterfront property in Dubai
- Yas Island targets German tourist trade
- Sharq Doha unveils Al Dana Garden
- Beacon technology 'ideal' to aviation industry
- Emergency drill to take place at Amman airport
- JA Resorts to launch high-end resort In Maldives
- $5.3bn hotel projects coming up in Saudi
- Hilton appoints new GM for Alexandria hotel
- Air Arabia opens new sales office in Bahrain
- Lufthansa aims high with 'First Class' service
- Emirates launches new service to Boston
- Dubai Airports 'powers down' for green initiative
- City Seasons opens 5-star hotel in Abu Dhabi
- Etihad alert on fog
- Bahrain F1 visa procedures issued
- Oman Air appoints GSA for Turkey
- $40bn investment in Gulf airports likely
- Celebrity chef to open restaurant at InterContinental
- FRHI appoints wellness vice president
- Dubai, Abu Dhabi hotels top performance
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard
- BA rolls out special Mother's Day fares