Wataniya launches Beirut-Vienna flights
Beirut, November 4, 2010
Wataniya Airways, a Kuwait-based premium service airline, has launched new direct flights between Beirut and Vienna.
The new service features convenient departure and arrival times at both destinations and will operate three times a week -- on Wednesdays, Fridays and Sundays.
The launch event was held at Sursock Palace Gardens in Beirut and was attended by the Austrian Ambassador to Lebanon, Wataniya Airways’ senior management, invited guests and members of the press.
Chairman and managing director of Wataniya Airways Abdulsalam Al Bahar said: “This new service will open up new markets for Wataniya Airways guests who are travelling from Beirut to Vienna and onwards to other European destinations, as well as for those wishing to travel from Vienna to Beirut and the Middle East. It provides an option for point-to-point travel between Austria and Lebanon as well as offering further travel options to other destinations beyond the two cities.”
Earlier, Wataniya Airways signed code share and interline agreements with Austrian Airlines, Austria’s leading national carrier. These agreements provide Wataniya Airways’ guests with numerous travel options, adding several European destinations with convenient connections via Vienna.
The agreements mean that Wataniya Airways guests can now travel from Beirut to Vienna International Airport and transfer to onward Austrian Airways flights with the same ticket to European destinations such as Prague, Warsaw, Linz, Klagenfurt, Dusseldorf and many more, said a statement. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Mideast airlines top global traffic growth in Oct
- Travelport appoints online business head
- Saudi cargo plane veers off runway in Nigeria
- Gulf Air launches loyalty promotion
- Hala Abu Dhabi launches tours, safaris
- Kenya starts work on $654m airport project
- Gulf Air wins top eContent award
- Dubai fund ICD buys landmark Atlantis hotel
- Qatar Airways to launch Dallas/Fort Worth route
- Ritz-Carlton Bahrain appoints new sales chief