Qatar tourism signs up for Aspire4Sport
Doha, November 14, 2010
Qatar Tourism Authority (QTA) has signed up as official partner for the Aspire4Sport Conference & Expo, which will take place at Doha’s Aspire Dome from November 15 to 18.
Aspire4Sport is a combined congress and exhibition that will bring together all elements of the sporting world for four days of business, debate and entertainment.
The debut event will feature many sports associations, organizations, federations, brands and companies and expects to attract over 2000 delegates and visitors.
As per the partnership agreement, QTA will welcome sports fans and guests at the inaugural sports exhibition with a booth in the hospitality section.
QTA representatives will distribute tourism brochures, maps as well as serve traditional Arabic coffee and dates during the event. They will also arrange special activities for visitors besides showcasing Qatari and Arabic customs including henna art, calligraphy, music and dance.
Over the four-day event, there will be forums on many topics relevant to sports today – from media to medicine and education to bidding for major sports events.
Numerous sports personalities as well as some of the world’s best coaches will be at the event to answer questions and to give insight into their techniques.
“Sport has always played an important role in the lives of Qatar’s residents,” said Ahmed Al Nuaimi, chairman of QTA.
“Most of Qatar’s sporting venues are open to the public in an effort to encourage residents to adopt a healthy lifestyle through regular exercise. Sports has been identified as one of the key pillars of the tourism strategy for Qatar, he added.
Some of the top Qatar hotels including Sharq Village & Spa, Sheraton Doha Resort & Convention Hotel, Holiday Villa Hotel & Residence City Center, Intercontinental Doha, Grand Hyatt Doha, Grand Regency Hotel, Millennium Hotel Doha, Doha Marriott Hotel, Kempinski Residences & Suites Doha and Movenpick Tower & Suites will be at the QTA stand.-TradeArabia News Service
Tags: Qatar Tourism Authority |
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Etihad to fly three times a day to Moscow
- Etihad Regional to lease 4 ATR aircraft
- Etihad soars high with record $6.1bn revenue
- Plaza opens lounges at Bengaluru
- Mövenpick opens organic hotel in Egypt
- Abu Dhabi to expand trade engagement programme
- WTO in deal to promote adventure travel
- Iata cuts global airline profit forecast to $18.7bn
- Gulf Hotels plans $132m waterfront property in Dubai
- Yas Island targets German tourist trade
- Sharq Doha unveils Al Dana Garden
- Beacon technology 'ideal' to aviation industry
- Emergency drill to take place at Amman airport
- JA Resorts to launch high-end resort In Maldives
- $5.3bn hotel projects coming up in Saudi
- Hilton appoints new GM for Alexandria hotel
- Air Arabia opens new sales office in Bahrain
- Lufthansa aims high with 'First Class' service
- Emirates launches new service to Boston
- Dubai Airports 'powers down' for green initiative
- City Seasons opens 5-star hotel in Abu Dhabi
- Etihad alert on fog
- Bahrain F1 visa procedures issued
- Oman Air appoints GSA for Turkey
- $40bn investment in Gulf airports likely
- Celebrity chef to open restaurant at InterContinental
- FRHI appoints wellness vice president
- Dubai, Abu Dhabi hotels top performance
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard
- BA rolls out special Mother's Day fares