Etihad loyalty programme marks 1m members
Abu Dhabi, November 30, 2010
Etihad Guest, the loyalty programme of UAE’s national carrier Etihad Airways, has reached one million members.
Frithjof Hilgers, flying from Abu Dhabi to Munich has been announced the one millionth Etihad Guest member and was the lucky winner of 100,000 Etihad Guest Miles.
Etihad Guest, which was launched in August 2006 offers members the opportunity to accumulate Etihad Guest Miles which can be redeemed against a wide selection of up to 1,800 flight and non-flight rewards from the airline’s award-winning Reward shop, featuring products from more than 200 partners, a statement said.
Peter Baumgartner, Etihad Airways’ chief commercial officer, said: “In just over four years, we have built a world-leading programme for our loyalty guests. Acquiring one million members in this time is a remarkable achievement and proof of the benefits that our innovative approach to a loyalty scheme delivers.”
“We continue to raise the bar in terms of innovation, benefits and rewards for our guests, as well as increase the flexibility and ease in earning and burning miles, which we believe are key factors in the strong growth of our membership base.”
“Etihad Guest is targeting another half a million members over the next two years, and with the continued enhancements to our programme and the provision of more and more unique benefits – particularly for our top tier members – we are confident we will reach this target,” he added.
This year, Etihad has welcomed over 10 key partners to its loyalty programme, including: Abu Dhabi Commercial Bank; Abu Dhabi Islamic Bank; Hyatt Hotels; Marriott Vacation Club; Fairmont Hotels; Raffles Hotels; Swissotel hotels; Cristal Hotels UAE; Regus Office Solutions Worldwide; Gulf News; and Kaya Skin Clinic, according to the statement. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Oman Air appoints GSA for Turkey
- $40bn investment in Gulf airports likely
- Celebrity chef to open restaurant at InterContinental
- FRHI appoints wellness vice president
- Dubai, Abu Dhabi hotels top performance
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard
- BA rolls out special Mother's Day fares
- Etihad says majority of stranded passengers sent home
- Malaysian jet search team spots 'column of smoke'
- Turkish Airlines revenue surges 27pc in 2013
- GCC airlines defend female cabin crew policies
- Malaysian flight 'presumed crashed' over China
- Qatar Airways likely to buy more A380s
- Malaysia Airlines jet goes missing over China
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog
- Tourism industry emerges from downturn
- Airbus orders more frequent A380 checks
- Dubai Mall stand offers air safety tips
- Elaf Group plans new hotel in Makkah
- UPDATE: Abu Dhabi airport starts operation
- Qatar Airways mulls options on 3 extra A380s
- RAK features 9 travel firms at ITB Berlin
- Etihad names Patrick Vieira guest ambassador
- Lufthansa to offer Premium Economy Class
- Ras Al Khaimah TDA appoints new CEO
- Abu Dhabi flights hit by 'technical failure'
- Egypt urges Germany to ease travel advisory
- Qatar Airways to get 3 A380s in June
- Paramount eyes expansion in region
- All EU citizens exempt from pre-entry UAE visas