BA announces Christmas fares, new route
Cairo, December 1, 2010
British Airways has announced its 2010 Christmas fare and a new service to Marrakech next year.
Under the new holiday fares, customers can fly Cairo or Sharm El Sheikh to London from just EGP 2400 ($415) including taxes.
To take advantage of the offer, travellers must book by December 23 for outbound travel on Decemeber 24, 25, 26 or 27, from Cairo, or December 24 only for Sharm El Sheikh. All return should be completed by January 31, 2011.
“There’s really nothing quite as special as spending Christmas in London,” said Mervat Alfy, country commercial manager for British Airways in Egypt.
The offer is valid to travelers going to the UK, Ireland and some European destinations.
British Airways is to launch new services to London Gatwick from Marrakech next year in direct competition with the low cost carriers.
A mix of Boeing 737’s and Airbus A319’s will operate the thrice-weekly service which departs Gatwick on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Sundays, returning the same evening.
British Airways last flew to Marrakech as GB Airways. The service operated from October 2002 until March 2008, when the route was discontinued following GB’s takeover by easyJet.-TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Summit explores future of regional travel industry
- AirAsiaX to buy 25 new Airbus jets
- Dusit launches premium hotel brand
- Etihad names new Kenya GM
- Emirates expands European Tour portfolio
- Gulf Air executive names AACO unit chief
- Air France celebrates 30 years of flying to Saudi
- Turkish Airlines to install 80 Sita kiosks
- BA launches Europe travel sale in UAE
- Etihad signs $3.3m deal with VisitBritain