Ferrari World Abu Dhabi inaugurated
Abu Dhabi, December 2, 2010
Ferrari World Abu Dhabi, the world's first Ferrari theme park on Yas Island, was officially inaugurated last night.
Hosted by Aldar Properties and Ferrari SpA, 2000 VIP guests were present for the opening ceremony and private viewing of Ferrari World Abu Dhabi.
Guests included Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Franco Frattini, Italian Foreign Minister; Giorgio Starace, Italian Ambassador to the UAE; Luca di Montezemolo, chairman of Ferrari; and Ferrari Formula 1 team drivers Fernando Alonso and Felipe Massa, who were treated to a spectacular show to celebrate the achievement of Aldar and Ferrari in delivering the world's largest indoor theme park, home to Formula Rossa, the world's fastest roller coaster.
The show - titled Power meets Elegance - blended the stories of Abu Dhabi and Ferrari through a mix of live action, acrobatics, advanced film projection techniques and original music.
'Aldar's work with Ferrari was a meeting of minds with a clear vision to create an experience that is unique, fun and inspirational,' stated Ahmed Al Sayegh, chairman of Aldar Properties.
'I would like to thank all those who made this dream a reality, and in particular our partners and the leadership of Abu Dhabi. We are very proud of our partners Aldar who share with Ferrari the same passion, the same vision, the same will to go beyond,' added Luca di Montezemolo, chairman of Ferrari.-TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Mideast airlines top global traffic growth in Oct
- Travelport appoints online business head
- Saudi cargo plane veers off runway in Nigeria
- Gulf Air launches loyalty promotion
- Hala Abu Dhabi launches tours, safaris
- Kenya starts work on $654m airport project
- Gulf Air wins top eContent award
- Dubai fund ICD buys landmark Atlantis hotel
- Qatar Airways to launch Dallas/Fort Worth route
- Ritz-Carlton Bahrain appoints new sales chief