Second Bahrain airshow to open Jan 19
Manama, December 6, 2010
The second edition of the Bahrain International Airshow (BIAS) will open on January 19.
His Majesty King Hamad's Personal Representative Shaikh Abdulla bin Hamad Al Khalifa yesterday announced the event as he met at the Sakhir Airbase BIAS organising committee members and the team representing BIAS partners, Farnborough International Limited.
Shaikh Abdulla, also chairman of BIAS Supreme Organising Committee, was briefed on preparations to host the three-day exhibition.
He was also updated on steps aimed at attracting leading aviation manufacturing companies to take part in BIAS 2012.
He instructed organisers to ensure a large numbers of aviation firms take part at the forthcoming exhibition.
Proposals to expand areas reserved for spectators, the media centre and the exhibiting arena were discussed.
Shaikh Abdulla toured the Airshow's purpose-built home and was updated on steps being taken to host the BIAS 2012.
He inspected the chalets of participating companies and the exhibiting arena, urging co-ordination with parties concerned to ensure necessary facilities.
He lauded BIAS 2010 organising committee and Farnborough International Limited partners, hailing their efforts to ensure the success of the forthcoming event.
He cited the successful debut airshow, which hosted 40 exhibitors, 94 aircraft and visiting delegates from 45 countries resulting in $1 billion worth of deals struck over the show's three days.-TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Turkish Airlines adds 4 new destinations
- Moroccan tourism revenue up 6pc in Jan
- City Seasons backs European MICE event
- Dubai T2 expansion boosts flydubai growth
- Etihad to acquire Abu Dhabi airport services firms
- Jordan airport sees record passenger traffic
- Boeing delivers 777-300 jetliner to Saudia
- Kuwait Airways signs Airbus deal
- Atlantis, The Palm, seeks $850m loan
- Emirates, TUI India ink agent agreement