Sahara Centre hosts water festival parade
Dubai, December 6, 2010
Sahara Centre, the leading family shopping destination in the UAE, hosted the Sharjah Water Festival official parade with renowned global theatre group Saltimbanco Italiano in the mall.
The parade, held recently featured Mouj, the official mascot of the festival, along with other characters representing marine life.
This is the second consecutive year that Sahara Centre is supporting the Water Festival and the F1 Powerboat World Championships, which will run until December 11 at Al Majaz Waterfront and Khalid Lagoon.
The centre is also providing prime space in the mall before and during the festival to promote, attract and encourage visitors to participate in the water festival.
A turnout of more than 170,000 people is expected for the festival and is the biggest tourist event on the emirate's calendar.
“Sharjah Water Festival is a wonderful opportunity to reaffirm our commitment to various innovative and distinctive family entertainment events in Sharjah,” said Akram Ammar, general manager of Sahara Centre.-TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Qatar Airways launches online visa system
- Etihad in talks on $413m Alitalia investment
- W Doha Hotel wins top award
- Boom time for UAE hospitality sector
- Sanad, airberlin ink financing deal
- Major cruise liner docks at Abu Dhabi port
- Etihad, Greek airline sign codeshare
- Flynas scores 91pc in customer satisfaction
- Flora plans $204m property expansion in Dubai
- Dubai sees Ukraine tourist numbers up 29pc