Flydubai adds 4 new aircraft to fleet
Dubai, December 13, 2010
Flydubai, Dubai's first low cost airline, has expanded its fleet to a total of 13 aircraft by taking delivery of four new Boeing 737-800 NG's in recent weeks.
'We are thrilled to welcome these four new aircraft into our fleet. These new additions show flydubai's continued growth, with 13 planes now servicing 28 routes in just 18 months,' stated flydubai CEO Ghaith Al Ghaith.
'Our four new aircraft are at the cutting edge of air travel and we are certain our customers will enjoy the added comforts that these new planes have to offer.'
The four new aircraft additions come complete with flydubai's 'Fiber To The Screen' (FTTS In-Flight Entertainment (IFE) system from Lumexis. This fibre optic based system is lighter and thinner than previous models, enabling it to fit comfortably into the airline's special Recaro seats. This reduction in weight allows flydubai to offer their customers the best in-flight entertainment on the market, while significantly reducing the associated costs, meaning flydubai can keep its ticket prices low.
The new IFE will be available as an optional extra.
The new planes are also among the first to be fitted with the new Boeing Sky Interior. The spacious new interior aims to improve passenger comfort, and has subtle mood lighting to simulate night time, day time and sunrise/sunset, as well as redesigned overhead bins to give more cabin space and increased storage.-TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- UAE hotel group launches Abu Dhabi project
- Jordan passenger traffic up 14pc
- Self-service check-in soon at Kuwait airport
- Gulf Air launches flight to Al Maktoum airport
- Jazeera Airways tops on-time performance
- Jumeirah inks Oman luxury resort deal
- Ritz unveils big Qatar National Day offer
- Mideast airlines top global traffic growth in Oct
- Travelport appoints online business head
- Saudi cargo plane veers off runway in Nigeria