Bahrain varsity students in art contest
Manama, December 25, 2010
Students from eight Bahrain universities will showcase their painting talents tomorrow (December 26) in a competition at a leading shopping and leisure destination in the Kingdom.
The students will be given an allocated area of Seef Mall’s walls, picked at random through a raffle-style draw, and will decorate their area in keeping with the theme of “fun”, chosen due to the close proximity of the areas to the new children’s play area now operating in the mall.
The winner will be chosen through a voting system, where anyone can send their votes through email on firstname.lastname@example.org, and a donation will be made to the winning university by Seef Properties.
“The children’s play area and this competition were only the first in a series of fun activities we’ll be bringing to Seef Mall in the near future: this is a mall about family, so as well as small children we wanted to involve creative young adults in bringing life to our corridors while the shops are under fit out,” said Robert Adisson, general manager of Seef Properties, who will open the competition.
“I’m expecting some modern and traditional designs from our students, and our shoppers can view this local talent at their leisure while in the mall,” he added.
Participating Universities include: Kingdom University, Al Ahlia, University, Arab Open University, Bahrain Polytechnic, Kingdom University, New York Institute of Technology, the Royal college of Surgeons and the University College of Bahrain. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Summit explores future of regional travel industry
- AirAsiaX to buy 25 new Airbus jets
- Dusit launches premium hotel brand
- Etihad names new Kenya GM
- Emirates expands European Tour portfolio
- Gulf Air executive names AACO unit chief
- Air France celebrates 30 years of flying to Saudi
- Turkish Airlines to install 80 Sita kiosks
- BA launches Europe travel sale in UAE
- Etihad signs $3.3m deal with VisitBritain