DIFC signs agreement with DTCM
Dubai, December 28, 2010
The Dubai International Financial Centre (DIFC) and the Department of Tourism and Commerce Marketing (DTCM) have signed a MoU to enhance strategic cooperation between the two entities.
“The MoU will strengthen our relationship with DTCM and will facilitate licensing for hotels based in DIFC which is necessary to exercise their activities,” said Abdullah Mohammed Al Awar, chief executive of the DIFC.
“Signing this MoU will position the facilities as an attractive destination for a diverse client stream seeking the ‘best in class’ service and business environment.”
Khalid A. Bin Sulayem, director general of DTCM, added that with DTCM will ensure the provision of high quality services to the guests in these facilities. This, he explained, helps maintain Dubai's international reputation as a distinctive tourist destination that provides world-class services and facilities for tourists from all over the world.
In addition, this MoU will allow DTCM to supervise the performance of hotels in DIFC through periodic inspections.-TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Summit explores future of regional travel industry
- AirAsiaX to buy 25 new Airbus jets
- Dusit launches premium hotel brand
- Etihad names new Kenya GM
- Emirates expands European Tour portfolio
- Gulf Air executive names AACO unit chief
- Air France celebrates 30 years of flying to Saudi
- Turkish Airlines to install 80 Sita kiosks
- BA launches Europe travel sale in UAE
- Etihad signs $3.3m deal with VisitBritain