DTCM backs Emirates Challenge Cup
Dubai, January 5, 2011
The Dubai Department of Tourism and Commerce Marketing (DTCM) recently extended its support to the Emirates Challenge Cup exhibition match played between Al Ahli and AC Milan in Dubai.
More than 7,800 football fans attended the closely contested match which was eventually won by AC Milan, and ended their week-long winter training camp in Dubai.
Part of DTCM’s long-term growth strategy is to promote sports tourism within the Emirate, and attracting sport-related events, congresses, tournaments and exhibitions is key to this sport tourism strategy.
“Sporting events of all types have a direct impact on our economy during the event and also contribute to promoting Dubai in key source markets globally. The coverage of the just-concluded Emirates Challenge Cup on TV Italia is a prime example of this source market promotion,” said Hamad Bin Mejren, DTCM’s executive director of Business Tourism.-TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Boeing wins $7bn Cathay Pacific order
- Qatar Airways launches online visa system
- Etihad in talks on $413m Alitalia investment
- W Doha Hotel wins top award
- Boom time for UAE hospitality sector
- Sanad, airberlin ink financing deal
- Major cruise liner docks at Abu Dhabi port
- Etihad, Greek airline sign codeshare
- Flynas scores 91pc in customer satisfaction
- Flora plans $204m property expansion in Dubai