Dubai International wins 'best airport' award
Dubai, January 18, 2011
Dubai International has won the Best Airport in the Middle East Award at the Business Traveller Awards for the fifth consecutive year.
“As a ‘people’s choice award’ which is decided directly by the votes of consumers, this is a testimony to the efforts of the frontline staff of Dubai Airports and our strategic partners – Dnata, Dubai Police, immigration, customs, Dubai Duty Free and retailers as well as the 130 airlines that connect us to some 220 destinations across six continents,” said Jamal Al Hai, senior vice president, Dubai Airports.
“We wouldn’t have won it without all of our frontline staff striving to go the extra mile to deliver top notch customer service every day.”
Business Traveller’s ‘Best Airport in the Middle East’ honour recognises the quality of services provided such as check-in facilities, accessibility and transport connection, luggage handling, security checks and customs as well as availability of meeting rooms, restaurants and shopping.
“Our ultimate goal is to become the world’s leading airport, both in terms of the size of our operation as well as the quality of our facilities and customer service,” he added. - TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- UAE hotel group launches Abu Dhabi project
- Jordan passenger traffic up 14pc
- Self-service check-in soon at Kuwait airport
- Gulf Air launches flight to Al Maktoum airport
- Jazeera Airways tops on-time performance
- Jumeirah inks Oman luxury resort deal
- Ritz unveils big Qatar National Day offer
- Mideast airlines top global traffic growth in Oct
- Travelport appoints online business head
- Saudi cargo plane veers off runway in Nigeria