MakeMyTrip names UAE general sales agent
Dubai, January 26, 2011
SNTTA, the UAE’s leading travel and tourism company, has been appointed general sales agent (GSA) for MakeMyTrip, India’s largest online travel company, to offer their exclusive global holiday travel products in the UAE.
Under the wide-ranging agreement, SNTTA’s Travel division will handle MakeMyTrip's outbound holiday products, while SNTTA Emir Tours, the destination management company, will manage all ground arrangements for its inbound leisure travellers.
“SNTTA has the expertise and network to take MakeMyTrip’s distinctive travel products to all corners of the UAE. We are confident this partnership will open up more exciting options for holiday travellers from this market,” said Zafar Imam, managing director of SNTTA Travel.
“This association with a reputed company like SNTTA will enable us to effectively tap the expanding market in the UAE,' added Keyur Joshi, COO and co-founder of MakeMyTrip.com.
Through this partnership with SNTTA, MakeMyTrip will provide varied products and services, like online bookings, instant confirmation and payment, choice of airlines and hotels, competitive pricing and access to retail outlets.-TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Double delivery takes Emirates A380 fleet to 44
- Boeing wins $7bn Cathay Pacific order
- Qatar Airways launches online visa system
- Etihad in talks on $413m Alitalia investment
- W Doha Hotel wins top award
- Boom time for UAE hospitality sector
- Sanad, airberlin ink financing deal
- Major cruise liner docks at Abu Dhabi port
- Etihad, Greek airline sign codeshare
- Flynas scores 91pc in customer satisfaction