Katrina Kaif to judge Etihad dance contest
Abu Dhabi, February 3, 2011
Etihad Airways, the national airline of the UAE, has launched ‘Next Stop Bollywood’, an online dance competition with Katrina Kaif, the airline’s brand ambassador.
Since Bollywood dance resonates with millions of Indian fans at home and globally, it provides a perfect vehicle to communicate and connect with this large audience, said a statement.
Katrina Kaif said: “I am very excited to partner with Etihad and share my experience with Bollywood fans and aspiring dancers in this project, which hopes to attract and promote new talent.”
Andrew Ward, Etihad Airways’ vice president marketing, said: “We like to do things differently. To break through the clutter we like communicating and growing our brand footprint with innovative marketing and communication programs.
“Katrina has brought her inimitable style, sophistication and glamour to our brand. As our brand ambassador she has been an eloquent spokesperson for us and is able to connect effortlessly with her vast fan base to carry the Etihad message around the world.”
The online competition will be run through a custom-built Facebook application where contestants can upload and share their dance videos for public voting.
The 10 videos with the maximum number of votes will be short listed and Katrina Kaif will select and announce the three finalists and the ultimate winner on May 20, 2011.
The first prize is a lunch with Katrina and $5,000 cash prize, two Pearl Business Class tickets, and accommodation in a 5-star hotel for five nights. The second runner up will receive two Pearl Business class tickets, and the third runner-up, two Coral Economy class tickets to anywhere on the Etihad network across 66 destinations. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Etihad to fly three times a day to Moscow
- Etihad Regional to lease 4 ATR aircraft
- Etihad soars high with record $6.1bn revenue
- Plaza opens lounges at Bengaluru
- Mövenpick opens organic hotel in Egypt
- Abu Dhabi to expand trade engagement programme
- WTO in deal to promote adventure travel
- Iata cuts global airline profit forecast to $18.7bn
- Gulf Hotels plans $132m waterfront property in Dubai
- Yas Island targets German tourist trade
- Sharq Doha unveils Al Dana Garden
- Beacon technology 'ideal' to aviation industry
- Emergency drill to take place at Amman airport
- JA Resorts to launch high-end resort In Maldives
- $5.3bn hotel projects coming up in Saudi
- Hilton appoints new GM for Alexandria hotel
- Air Arabia opens new sales office in Bahrain
- Lufthansa aims high with 'First Class' service
- Emirates launches new service to Boston
- Dubai Airports 'powers down' for green initiative
- City Seasons opens 5-star hotel in Abu Dhabi
- Etihad alert on fog
- Bahrain F1 visa procedures issued
- Oman Air appoints GSA for Turkey
- $40bn investment in Gulf airports likely
- Celebrity chef to open restaurant at InterContinental
- FRHI appoints wellness vice president
- Dubai, Abu Dhabi hotels top performance
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard
- BA rolls out special Mother's Day fares